Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Black Drum Around Cumberland
ccjones93
post Jan 12 2005, 11:28 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 720

I recently came across an article that spoke of the annual "black drum run" that occurs around Amelia and Cumberland island every spring. Is anyone familiar with this fishing oppurtunity? The article claims every spring Black Drum from 20 to 90 lbs can be easily caught in those areas. Anyone experienced that? What about St. Andrews or Jekyll sound? I enjoy drum fishing (red or black) and would appreciate any info.

TIGHT LINES EVERYONE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NickN
post Jan 12 2005, 08:36 PM
Post #2

Forum Advisor

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,149

I can't tell you where to go in that area, but I can tell you how they behave during their spring migration in other areas. In early spring (Feb - Mar in Galveston Entrance), the large black drum school in deeper waters of the sound or bay in areas where there is a current. We always had our best luck in about 40 feet of water near a beakline in the bottom slope. It was fun fishing using crab halves or large shrimp. I wouldn't want to keep them, though. I have read that those large worms in the meat will not hurt you, but I don'y care for the idea of eating worms.

--------------------
61 years of fishing! And all of them enjoyable!
16' Javelin Bass Bote! 14' Jon bote :) Fishin Georgia, Arkansas, Florida, and Missouri too!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 01:52 AM