IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Boat Financing With Bad Credit, off topic
Guest_kneedeep_*
post Jun 27 2003, 05:29 AM
Post #1

Guests

Anyone have any information on boat financing for folks with bad credit? (FICO score of 640) The boat I am looking at is a 2000 Redfisher and is around 16k. I have $3500 to put down. Just curious if anyone had any experience in the past getting a boat with bad credit. Also, is it easier to get financing for a new boat vs a used or does it really matter? I was hoping to get an idea of what to expect and wanted to avoid having my credit pulled over and over.

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DMC
post Jun 27 2003, 08:10 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 542

Putting anywhere above thirty five to fifty percent of the purchase price down would show a lender that you are not likely to default on the loan. I would go to the people you bank with and tell them your situation. You are going to have to pay a higher interest rate in order to get financed, due to your less than good credit.
You should really be sure that you can afford a new boat. Of course buying the wrong used boat can be disastrous.

Good Luck

Don

--------------------

Support your local fisherman, eat only locally caught shrimp.

+Quote Post
Kings Ransom
post Jun 27 2003, 09:19 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 723

With a beacon score of 640 and 3500.00 down you should not have a problem buying the boat unless your debt ratio is out of whack?
I would take my biz to fla and look up one of the bigger dealers down there that handles this line of boat, they should have an f&I inhouse manager that can get that deal to fly. tight lines KR

This post has been edited by Kings Ransom: Jun 27 2003, 09:19 AM

--------------------
My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

+Quote Post
Guest_REELSOUTHERN_*
post Jun 27 2003, 09:47 AM
Post #4

Guests

beacon score of 640 you should be fine..should have no problems with your down payment.. unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Snip3r_*
post Jun 27 2003, 09:59 AM
Post #5

Guests

QUOTE (REELSOUTHERN @ Jun 27 2003, 12:09 AM)
beacon score of 640 you should be fine..should have no problems with your down payment.. unsure.gif

I agree...my mom just bought a 2001 Impala one a beacon score of 628 w/ a 500 dollar down payment, that boat should be no problem at all.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2014 - 08:00 PM