Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> St. Mary's Jettys
HOT WIRED
post Oct 10 2012, 07:57 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,370

Has anybody down in Camden been fishing around the Jettys yet this year? We try and hit them a couple of times each year, but seems like the wind is always blowing NE when we go, so we end up fishing inside around protected areas. Planning on trying them later in the week to see if they are holding trout. The Bite hasn't really turned on yet, for us in Glynn County. Only fish artificial, so it would be nice to hear a good report in that arena. Thanks in advance
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hobo
post Oct 10 2012, 11:38 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,658

QUOTE (HOT WIRED @ Oct 10 2012, 08:57 AM) *
Has anybody down in Camden been fishing around the Jettys yet this year? We try and hit them a couple of times each year, but seems like the wind is always blowing NE when we go, so we end up fishing inside around protected areas. Planning on trying them later in the week to see if they are holding trout. The Bite hasn't really turned on yet, for us in Glynn County. Only fish artificial, so it would be nice to hear a good report in that arena. Thanks in advance

HOT WIRED

...... I don't have a clue where you are fishing but are you sure you are in Glynn County????

There has been a terrific trout bite going on for the past several weeks from Doboy sound to Brickhill Creek with limits+ every trip.....

I just came in a couple of hours ago from Altamaha Sound with 30 trout, 4 slot redfish and several more 30"+ that had to be released....

The north jetty at St Marys has produced trout consistantly since early spring........

-----------------<" ){{{{><

--------------------
Capt Ken Doss
" HOBO"

+Quote Post
gratefulred
post Oct 10 2012, 05:20 PM
Post #3

Forum Advisor

Member No.: 6,956

QUOTE (Hobo @ Oct 10 2012, 12:38 PM) *
HOT WIRED

...... I don't have a clue where you are fishing but are you sure you are in Glynn County????

There has been a terrific trout bite going on for the past several weeks from Doboy sound to Brickhill Creek with limits+ every trip.....

I just came in a couple of hours ago from Altamaha Sound with 30 trout, 4 slot redfish and several more 30"+ that had to be released....

The north jetty at St Marys has produced trout consistantly since early spring........

-----------------<" ){{{{><

wut he said!

--------------------
God adds a minute to your life for every one you fish

Capt. Tim Cutting
Coastal Georgia Inshore Charters
www.fishthegeorgiacoast.com

+Quote Post
mike young
post Oct 10 2012, 07:55 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,250

Ditto

--------------------
Mike Young

+Quote Post
reeldawg
post Oct 10 2012, 08:31 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 509

Just spoke with a guy who spent the day loading up on trout at the runout on the beach side of Cumberland. The time to get out is NOW!

--------------------
2005 Sea Hunt Triton 202 w/ 150 Yamaha

+Quote Post
magnum PI2
post Oct 11 2012, 07:01 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,401

The St. Marys jetties is on fire right now with huge bull reds and tarpon. In all my years of fishing St. Marys I have never seen the mullet run as thick as it is right now.

Skip

This post has been edited by magnum PI2: Oct 11 2012, 07:24 PM

+Quote Post
HOT WIRED
post Oct 15 2012, 09:17 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,370

Hobo,, I sure hope you have been catching them limits with live bait? If not, we have been fishing in the wrong spots... we still fish some of the spots my dad took us fishing back in the 70's when we launched our willie harris boat from the side of Highway 17,,out the back of the truck no less.We have struggled with trout on artificial, we have done quite well with the Flounder and Redfish this year so far. In my opinion, the Water is still too warm and schools of mullet are everywhere, but I believe with the cooling trend we are having , it will be better when the water clears up. We went Friday and caught fish on the last of the outgoing. We just can't get away from the artificial, I have two daughters and my oldest is 9 and have passed the artificial only on to her. Can't wait until the day she catches her first trout on a Topwater plug.

Skip.....I haven't ever seen the mullet as thick as they have been this year either. Ready for to them to scatter out some and leave. We are gonna try the jetties soon and see whats biting. Thanks for the info
Red

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 11:35 PM