Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New rods, Shimano terez
Wheatie
post Aug 9 2011, 04:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,030

Just wanted to know if anyone has used any of these type rods? Bass pro has one that really feels good. They only have 1. Need some feedback on the shimano terez rods.

This post has been edited by Wheatie: Aug 9 2011, 04:48 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
inshore31525
post Aug 9 2011, 07:14 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,356

QUOTE (Wheatie @ Aug 9 2011, 05:45 PM) *
Just wanted to know if anyone has used any of these type rods? Bass pro has one that really feels good. They only have 1. Need some feedback on the shimano terez rods.

Hey Wheatie. The Terez line is a fairly high quality rod that incorporates a good quality graphite blank with fuji K series tangle free guides. I often use these guides myself when building a "braid"only spinning rod, and they are also a higher frame guide which makes it a bit easier for me to set up the rod for a specific reel,and the guides do help shed some of the tangles often associated with the lighter braids. The rods are lightweight, have a somewhat smaller diameter than some others, but I have had a little feedback on them being a bit "brittle". The only thing I personally don't like about them is the EVA foam grips(on the ones I have seen personally) and the aluminum reel seats. Over time, as I'm sure many can attest to, the EVA begins to degrade and look bad, as well as the aluminum seats,especially when fished in salt. I only use top grade cork grips and fuji deluxe graphite reel seats. The cork just feels better with age, and the graphite seats are almost bulletproof(all with reasonable care of course). The price point is comparable to what I get for a St. Croix SCIII inshore rod, which in my humble opinion is at or very near top of the line in inshore rod blanks. All in all though, I would not throw one overboard if I had it, and certainly wouldn't try to keep you from buying one. They are a quality stick. Just my $.02

--------------------
"The only sure things on any given day on the water are a lighter wallet and a wet boat"
Jeff Eller, SAWLTGEAR Custom rods & Repairs

+Quote Post
Wheatie
post Aug 10 2011, 11:02 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,030

Thanks for some info. I have a penn 300 torque that I was wanting to match up with a really good rod.

+Quote Post
coastman
post Oct 27 2011, 02:34 PM
Post #4

Forum Advisor

Member No.: 44

Call me "Cheapie" or practical. I broke another rod tip Saturday. I had it fixed in less than five minutes. I carry several size rod tips on the boat. I just cut the broken tip and replaced it. I use crazy glue and shrink wrap. I give the new tip a shot of crazy glue then have a piece of shrink wrap and heat and I am fishing again. I don't own an expensive rod. My rods are Berkley's running around $20.00 and an Ugly Stick in the mix. I have clients, children, women on my boat. All of them have "elephant feet". My system works for me.

--------------------
coastman

+Quote Post
ssiredfish
post Oct 27 2011, 02:53 PM
Post #5

Forum Advisor

Member No.: 2,558

Jeff - Saw what you wrote about the Fuji K's. How do those hold up with heavier braid(+30lbs) in comparison to the SiC Fuji's????????

--------------------
- The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but obtainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Lucky Jack - .......The Surprise is not old; no one would call her old. She has a bluff bow, lovely lines. She's a fine seaboat: weatherly, stiff and fast, very fast, if she's well handled. No, she's not old; she's in her prime.

86' Wellcraft 20 Fisherman "Guale Girl"
1979 Alumnacraft 14 - STILL got holes in it
2006 WS Tarpon160f - "Mudd Butt"

+Quote Post
4x4man514
post Apr 8 2012, 11:15 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,054

DID YOU EVER BUY THE TEREZ RODS? IM THINKING OF GETTING A COUPLE.

--------------------
Contender27 twin 250 ox-66s "Joker"

+Quote Post
Fishwater
post Jan 28 2013, 12:56 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,182

Just picked up a terez and really like it. I love the alps reel seat and will use it for popping, jigging, and cobia jigs. There are a ton of models, so do some research. If you want a straight jigging setup with the torque reel - go with the okuma cedros series - best value I have found. Southern Drawl in bluffton had both last time I was there (and a lot of specialized jigging stuff if that is your thing).

--------------------
29' Fountain

YouTube: Fishwateroffshore

+Quote Post
Fishwater
post Apr 2 2013, 02:50 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Fishwater @ Jan 28 2013, 01:56 PM) *
Just picked up a terez and really like it. I love the alps reel seat and will use it for popping, jigging, and cobia jigs. There are a ton of models, so do some research. If you want a straight jigging setup with the torque reel - go with the okuma cedros series - best value I have found. Southern Drawl in bluffton had both last time I was there (and a lot of specialized jigging stuff if that is your thing).

Picked my 2nd terez (Med) got it set this weekend. Quickly becoming my favorite 2 rods. Here is a bend shot.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  image.jpg ( 54.05K ) Number of downloads: 1

--------------------
29' Fountain

+Quote Post
riptide
post Apr 3 2013, 10:59 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,885

Shimano makes some pretty tuff rods. I have had the Trevalla series and love them. They will easily handle anything off of the GA coast and even tuna up to around 150lbs.

--------------------
AKA: Oldenred

+Quote Post
Fishwater
post Apr 5 2013, 05:37 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (riptide @ Apr 3 2013, 11:59 AM) *
Shimano makes some pretty tuff rods. I have had the Trevalla series and love them. They will easily handle anything off of the GA coast and even tuna up to around 150lbs.

Trevalla's are great - 2 of my buddies fish them. One of the rods had an issue after a trip - BPS replaced it on the spot without any ?'s/receipt. I would say that is an awesome warranty. I have a couple cedros rods b/c of a little lower price point. I pulled in a 130lb + shark this last trip on the 200g rod paired with an accurate 500n. I can't believe the rod held up - I tried to break it, but these lite jigging rods seem indestructible! I better go knock on wood before the next trip.....

--------------------
29' Fountain

+Quote Post
4x4man514
post Apr 20 2013, 08:27 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,054

LAST YEAR I BOUGHT A COUPLE OF TEREZS AND A TREVALLA. I LOVE THEM ALL. THE XXH TREVALLA IS GREAT FOR JIGGING.

--------------------
Contender27 twin 250 ox-66s "Joker"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 03:24 AM