Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I did a Fattie too!
morelans
post Feb 14 2011, 09:20 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,916

Ok so I just got my first smoker about a month ago. It is a cheapy Brinkmann offset smoker that I was able to make a few mods on and she seems to work pretty good.

Still pretty thin material with a few not so tight seals where heat escapes but for the most part I think I have it setup as good as one of these units can get without going crazy and making it a reverse heat unit.

Next time I may make a few changes to the fattie.. use a mix of meat instead of just sausage.. and roll out the meat in a longer thinner sheet before rolling it up to put in the bacon mat. This way there are more ingredients throughout the fattie instead of just in the middle like mine turned out.

So off to the pictures~! I have to say this turned out GREAT!!!! I loved it for dinner.. I loved it for lunch the next day and I will have it again for lunch today.

The last few pics are of lunch yesterday - I took a slice of fatty and put it on the portabella and back on the grill. Then I finished it off in the oven with more cheese on top. MAN THAT WAS GOOD!!

Thanks
Shawn

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gulpjuice
post Feb 14 2011, 10:10 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,440

wow ph34r.gif ! what a fattie! i would hate being the neighbor on the down wind side of that fence smellin that thing all day! nice lil smoker too.

+Quote Post
ssiredfish
post Feb 14 2011, 11:12 AM
Post #3

Forum Advisor

Member No.: 2,558

QUOTE (gulpjuice @ Feb 14 2011, 10:10 AM) *
wow ph34r.gif ! what a fattie! i would hate being the neighbor on the down wind side of that fence smellin that thing all day! nice lil smoker too.

Leave it to Shawn to find the best way to have a heart-attack!!!!!!

dude that thing looks unreal!!!!!!

--------------------
- The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but obtainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Lucky Jack - .......The Surprise is not old; no one would call her old. She has a bluff bow, lovely lines. She's a fine seaboat: weatherly, stiff and fast, very fast, if she's well handled. No, she's not old; she's in her prime.

86' Wellcraft 20 Fisherman "Guale Girl"
1979 Alumnacraft 14 - STILL got holes in it
2006 WS Tarpon160f - "Mudd Butt"

+Quote Post
jclarksnakes
post Feb 14 2011, 12:43 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,885

Darnit, Probably too late for me to make it to Shawn's house for lunch. That looks delicious!

+Quote Post
paulkeen
post Apr 5 2012, 01:37 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 12,890

questionssssss i want to make one, what did you glaze it with if anything and what was the inside temperature of the fattie that thing looks awesome

--------------------
masterbaiter of another little dingy

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 04:36 PM