Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shrimp, Extended Season
coastman
post Dec 23 2009, 02:36 PM
Post #1

Forum Advisor

Group: Members
Member No.: 44

I see where DNR has extended the shrimp season to Jan. 31, 2010. I am still catching some really large shrimp in deep holes in feeder creeks and rivers that feed the sound.

--------------------
coastman
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Doc
post Dec 23 2009, 04:41 PM
Post #2

Forum Advisor

Member No.: 20

Do you use the depth finder to locate the shrimp in deep holes?What do they look like on the screen?I had a fellow I work with say he could see them on a $69 Eagle depth finder.Not sure I totally believe that.I don't even have a 5/8" mesh net to try to shrimp with,but I was just curious.If I did after a qt of shrimp I would probably go to fishing anyway. laugh.gif

Doc

--------------------
Take a kid crabbing!

+Quote Post
coastman
post Dec 23 2009, 05:14 PM
Post #3

Forum Advisor

Member No.: 44

I use a Hummingbird Wide Eye One which has been on my boat since 1985. It has not given me any trouble at all. Shrimp are in deep holes and you can find them on the depth sounder. On my unit the shrimp apprear as small rectangles on or near the bottom. After the second cast the shrimp scatter and you have to find them again. I like low tide to cast for shrimp in winter as there is less water over the deep hole. You have to fish that tide when you launch your boat. Sometimes I have no choice to cast for shrimp at high tide. This time of year I buy shrimp instead of casting for bait shrimp. I don't like to get wet and cold. I do a lot of bridge fishing this time of year.

--------------------
coastman

+Quote Post
seapro17cc
post Dec 23 2009, 09:12 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,462

QUOTE (coastman @ Dec 23 2009, 02:36 PM) *
I see where DNR has extended the shrimp season to Jan. 31, 2010. I am still catching some really large shrimp in deep holes in feeder creeks and rivers that feed the sound.

season will close jan.18 2010

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 06:47 PM