Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MULLET FISHING TIPS, SAVANNAHA RIVER OR ALTMAHA RIVER
Timmy Oliver
post Jun 10 2008, 08:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,221

Can anyone give me any tips on catching mullet in the savannah river or the altmaha river. I went this wekend fished all day and caught one mullet. I really don't know where to set up to catch them should it be moving slow fast alittle dead lake or what? I just can't seem to find them. I usually put out a salt block mark it with a pole and fish over the pole right to the block with red wriglers. I here people talking about rabbit food laying mash to bait them but I also herd it was to deter the minors as the mullet bite so lite. Any hel would be greaaaatly apreciatedddd. Thanks in advance Timmy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pmathis
post Jun 10 2008, 09:35 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 748

One of the old timers told me to mix green slime and corn meal together for bait.

For me it's much easier to use a cast net tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Waitin for RAIN in Hawkinsville

P Mathis

+Quote Post
Smackover
post Jun 11 2008, 11:45 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,456

There was a good article in Ga. Outdoor news a couple of years ago about mullett fishing on the altamaha river.

maybe you could look in their archives and pull it up.....

Regards

Smackover

+Quote Post
Colby
post Jun 11 2008, 03:37 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,090

We usually go the day before and set out a bag with corn meal or layin mash off a sandbar. Then show up the next day with cold beer, radio, worms, and bream busters. Anchor or wade up current from the bag and drift the worms back around the bag.

This post has been edited by Colby: Jun 11 2008, 03:38 PM

--------------------
BULLET PROOF Fishing Team

+Quote Post
madmav
post Jun 11 2008, 07:10 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 910

i've fished for mullet in the savannah river a lot more than the altamaha, mainly because you can usually fish over your bait without waiting a day or two. i've used salt blocks, shrimp meal, dog food, etc, but the easiest bait i've found is rabbit feed. we almost always set up on the downstream end of a sand bar, throw out several cups of rabbit feed, and then fill an onion sack and tie it to the side of the boat and wait. lots of times in the savannah river, you can see the mullet slowly feeding up into your rabbit pellets. normally fish with red-wigglers, and lots of times, we'll tear those guys in half. wait, fish, catch, throw more rabbit feed, repeat....lots of times, i'll give a little tug on the onion sack, and it will send a little more feed down the current for you. you just have to get used to the mullet's bite, very subtle a lot of the time, and you'll never even know he was there. good luck

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2014 - 05:25 AM