Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> hoolihan stripers, they're BACK!!!
grunter
post Mar 6 2008, 09:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,491

i thought they were gone, but musta got a little lucky today. got a late start only caught the last hour and a half of the in comin tide.
started fishin the middle section of the bridge with a white and charteuse jig, got a good hook up, but it wrapped me around somethin and broke
me off. so i had to switch to a Storm 6 inch mullet swim bait. hooked another one and got him to the boat, 34 1/2 inches and i didnt have a
SCALE! go figure, good thing i had a camera along. my fishin buddy hooked the next one, a thick 32 incher! we tried movin around to different pylings
but couldnt find em any where else. we headed back to the first section of bridge, and tried again. NOTHIN! my buddy tied on a 10 inch bubble gum
trick worm just messin around. he thought he was snagged on a log, untill it started swimmin away! after a 25 minute fight, we got the monster to the
boat. 43 inches long with a 31 inch girth! absolutly a HUGE fish!!! never thought a pink worm would catch a big 'ol striper, but i guess stranger things
have happened. i finished up catchin another 28 incher and 32 incher, and my buddy threw in the towel after that big one. tossed em all back, so
get out there and catch em for yourself. i'll try gettin some pics on here tomorrow after they get developed, good luck, set that hook hard!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fishnnut
post Mar 6 2008, 10:12 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,258

Sounds like an awesome morning....Congrats!

+Quote Post
Sea Note
post Mar 7 2008, 09:07 AM
Post #3

Forum Advisor

Member No.: 110

What a day! Awesome catch.

--------------------
"Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps."
190 CC Sea Pro

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 09:36 AM