Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Liberty County Bass Club, Come out and fish with us
tim1
post Jan 5 2007, 08:49 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,355

The Liberty County Bass Club is starting its annual tournament season this Saturday. If you enjoy bass fishing and want a chance to get out and enjoy some differant people (and I mean differant) give us a try. We are affiliated with The Bass Federation and will fish to compete in the newly changed championship series of 2008. Our club prides itself in keeping the cost down for anyone that wants to fish in the club, we don't think you will find another club in the area that is any cheaper. DONT HAVE A BOAT? No problem we currently only have four or five non-boaters and around 21 boaters so there is plenty of deck space for everyone. We will fish 12 tournaments this year for points for qualifing for the championship, most of these tournaments are held locally. We do try and hold at least for out of town tournaments on lakes across Georgia and every once and awhile we will venture off to Sante Cooper.
This weekend we will be launching out of JC Landing on the mighty Altamaha(spelling) and fight the high waters and the red clay to do battle with the large mouth bass hiding in the cover. We will launch at safe light and be back at JC LAnding holding our weigh-in at 3:30 pm, so if you are intrested or have some time on your hands come on out and see what gets brought to the scales. Then jack jaws and see waht we are all about. You never know you may enjoy the tales we can tell and come back one day and join our organization. Oh yeah bring that pink bubble gum Cpt. Stan
Tight Lines
Tim

This post has been edited by tim1: Jan 5 2007, 08:56 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tim1
post Jan 8 2007, 08:11 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,355

I should have stayed in bed.... The river level was at just above 8' and looked like a choclate milk shake. I got to the ramp and backed the boat down the ramp, with assistance I slid the boat into the water. My buddy pulled the trailer out and I could hear the brakes on it hollering at me for attention. Tied the boat to the dock and checked the water temp. 55.8 degrees. Stood around till safe light, finally its time to get after those bass. I launched boat number 9 and headed up river. No sooner do I get going the unwanted sound of the buzzer and the check engine light come on. I slide over to the bank and start fighting the rush of the water, thanks to 101lbs of thrust I work it alright. I continue down river and slip into a couple creeks and fish, nothing going on here. Back into the river and drift fishing the banks. Its 10:10 and nothing in the boat yet, not even a bite. I grab the carolina rig and start throwing everywhere I can see. Changing baits like they are free. Finally 10:30 and fish on nice bass, chuck that carolina back out there. Three more casts and fish on again, two keepers in about 5 minutes. Another twenty minutes and nothing to show for it. I have now drifted farther then I expected, crank the big engine and it doesnt want to stay idling. Frustration sets in, trailer brakes are screwed, motor isnt running right and the fish are not playing fair. I figure the guys that can run are killing the fish, what good are two fish in this tourny. I decide to let them swim and get back to the ramp. Pulled the boat out and headed to the house, get there and inspect the brakes, right side is tore up bad. Cleaned the boat out and got it ready to take to Bucks for needed repairs. Then I get the call only four fish were caught and brought to the weigh in. Man why didn't I just tie off to the dock and tell stories till 3:30 for the weigh in.

+Quote Post
cicollado
post Jan 22 2009, 08:13 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,599

QUOTE (tim1 @ Jan 8 2007, 09:11 AM) *
I should have stayed in bed.... The river level was at just above 8' and looked like a choclate milk shake. I got to the ramp and backed the boat down the ramp, with assistance I slid the boat into the water. My buddy pulled the trailer out and I could hear the brakes on it hollering at me for attention. Tied the boat to the dock and checked the water temp. 55.8 degrees. Stood around till safe light, finally its time to get after those bass. I launched boat number 9 and headed up river. No sooner do I get going the unwanted sound of the buzzer and the check engine light come on. I slide over to the bank and start fighting the rush of the water, thanks to 101lbs of thrust I work it alright. I continue down river and slip into a couple creeks and fish, nothing going on here. Back into the river and drift fishing the banks. Its 10:10 and nothing in the boat yet, not even a bite. I grab the carolina rig and start throwing everywhere I can see. Changing baits like they are free. Finally 10:30 and fish on nice bass, chuck that carolina back out there. Three more casts and fish on again, two keepers in about 5 minutes. Another twenty minutes and nothing to show for it. I have now drifted farther then I expected, crank the big engine and it doesnt want to stay idling. Frustration sets in, trailer brakes are screwed, motor isnt running right and the fish are not playing fair. I figure the guys that can run are killing the fish, what good are two fish in this tourny. I decide to let them swim and get back to the ramp. Pulled the boat out and headed to the house, get there and inspect the brakes, right side is tore up bad. Cleaned the boat out and got it ready to take to Bucks for needed repairs. Then I get the call only four fish were caught and brought to the weigh in. Man why didn't I just tie off to the dock and tell stories till 3:30 for the weigh in.

How do I get some information on joining the liberty county bass club? I have been looking for a good club in this area for a few years now.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 10:10 AM